- I can’t believe Medha is in First Grade already! It only feels like I got her enrolled into Nursery a few months ago! She’s super-excited about her new class, new subjects and new friends. I hope this love remains when she starts having weekly tests and school until 3 in the afternoon! Poor kiddo!
- I used to be paranoid about keeping her White (!!!?!?) uniforms spotless and bright, but not anymore! Who cares if there are a few squiggly pencil marks or a dull splotch of ketchup on them?! Not me! Why drive myself even crazier than I already am?! It only matters to me that she is happy and safe… nothing else! Or so I tell myself…
- It’s raining Birthday Parties here and we are having a grand time attending each one! It just melts my heart when the kids come and thank me for taking me to parties! I swear they do! Even the littlest one has just one thing to ask as soon as he gets up- “Where are we going today? Party?”
- Madhav is enjoying playing memory games and preschooler games on my tab. This guy is so patient. He’ll keep working on something until he has it nailed down- like drawing circles to make tires of a car, sorting toys or socks and arranging them in proper places, etc..
- I’m journaling everyday (I hope I’m not jinxing this by proclaiming it to the world!) the first thing in the morning, and I love how clean my mind feels and how empty (in a good way) my head feels after I’ve dumped all that sh*t on paper.
- It’s so so hot here, it’s crazy! We’re trying to beat the heat by staying indoors as much as possible, drinking lots of Lemon and Mint juice, sitting under the fan and slathering sunscreen when heading out.
- I’m getting better and better at wearing Sarees, even Medha has noticed my progress! The other day, after I wore one for a function (Why have functions when it is this hot?!) she tells me “You’re getting better at this mama. If you keep practicing more and more, you’ll get it!” Talk about bouncing my own lines back to me!
- I bought a sewing machine. Yay! And I’m practising on it everyday. Learned how to thread the bobbin and the machine, read the whole manual, learning the basic stitches, stitched a small bag (that everybody made fun of, but which I’ll keep as a reminder of my beginnings at sewing) and just trying to do SOMETHING at the machine every single day.
- Watched 3 movies- Loved one (Zootopia), In awe of another (The Revenant) and still figuring out what the heck the latest one was about (Batman Vs. Superman)
- Tried my hand at Scratch Art. It was fun! Will be doing more whenever I find time-
- Most of the time the kids fight like Tom and Jerry!
Such affectionate moments are few and far between…. And watching them makes me want to just hold them tight and smother’em with kisses!
- There’s nothing like staying home, away from the harsh sun! So we aren’t traveling much. We went to Kothagudem on a Business trip and were too happy to be back home!
- Waiting for Madhurya to get back from a vacation and share her big news with you all… 🙂
I hope all is well with you guys…